Major investment to improve county’s roads
Nearly £2.5m is being invested in Carmarthenshire roads over the next year, Carmarthenshire County Council has announced.
A host of improvement works are underway with six resurfacing schemes already complete.
Around 40 sections of road will be resurfaced after funding was made available from the council’s capital works programme and the Welsh Government.
This significant investment is in addition to a programme of preventative dressing treatment which has already finished.
The sections of road being resurfaced have been identified as a priority based on road condition, usage and strategic importance.
Comprehensive traffic management will be in place whilst the works are being carried out and all schemes will be published in advance with full details available on roadworks.org.
The council’s executive board member for transport, Cllr Hazel Evans said: “This is a significant amount of money that we have secured to improve our roads in the county. Whilst we can’t treat every road, the combined improvements will support safer and improved journeys for Carmarthenshire’s road users. All roadworks will be publicised in advance so motorists can plan journeys to avoid the area and take an alternative route. We will minimise as far as possible the impact on road users by careful planning, however, some disruption cannot be avoided, so please bear with us. We thank everyone in advance for their cooperation and patience.”
- B4336 Llanfihangel to Llanllwni – works commenced September 30 – road closures in operation
- A482 Cwmarchon Bridge (near Llanwrda) – works commencing October 7 – daytime road closures
- C3204 Whitland Rbt – MaesyrAwel –works commencing October 7 – traffic control
- A483 Pont-Tyweli Rhyd-y-Galfe roundabout – works commencing October 9 – night-time road closures
- U5414 Aberarad (near Chadzy’s) - works commencing October 10 – daytime road closures
- U5458 Maudlands – Tanglwst - works commencing October 11 – daytime road closures
- B4297 Pontardulais Road Llangennech - works commencing October 14 – traffic control
- A485 Windy Corner to Gwyddgrug (Bedwhirion) – works commencing October 15 - night-time road closures
- C1296 Drefelin – Penboyr – works commencing October 15 - daytime road closures
- B4301/C1301 Bronwydd to Ffynnon-Felen - works commencing October 28 – daytime road closures
Further information on the remainder of the programme will be published in due course. Please note that these dates may vary due to unforeseen conditions or adverse weather. For up-to-date details of current and planned roadworks please visit https://one.network