Temporary Electoral Canvasser
We’re looking for friendly and confident people to join our team of Temporary Electoral Canvassers.
Each year, everyone in the UK must confirm their electoral registration details are up-to-date by responding to the annual electoral canvass.
Canvassers are employed throughout the County to call on residents who have not returned either their Household Enquiry Form (HEF) or Individual Registration form (ITR).
This is temporary part time work for approximately four weeks. Canvassers must be available from 24 October. The hours are flexible, it is expected that most of your visits will be conducted during the evenings and weekends when most residents are at home. This work can be done in your spare time, alongside a full-time job.
For payment details, please contact the Elections Team on 01267 228889.
Canvassers are required to have:
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate to people
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Professional and politically neutral manner
How we support you?
- Provide all stationery needed to complete the job
- You will be required to make weekly visits to the elections office with your completed forms – we will check and give you tips on how to maximise your return
- Available when you need us
For more information or if you have any questions regarding this role please contact the Electoral Services team.
End date: October 23, 2019