Recycling and waste services update
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation develops, the following will apply to our recycling and waste services.
As of Tuesday, March 24 all of our following recycling centres are closed, until further notice.
- Nantycaws, Carmarthen
- Trostre, Llanelli
- Wernddu, Ammanford
We are continuing in our efforts to provide waste collection services. There are a number of ways you can help us:
- Please place your bags out the evening before Our collection times may vary and may be earlier than normal. We will be unable to undertake any missed bin collections at this time.
- If it’s not possible for us to collect, please take your waste back in and await further instruction.
You can help us to protect our crews by doing the following:
- Placing all personal waste (such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths) in a disposable bag which has been tied securely.
- If any member of your household has symptoms of the coronavirus or you are self-isolating as you believe you or a member of your household are developing symptoms of the virus, you must double bag all tissues and personal waste and ensure the black bag is set aside for no less than 72 hours before placing into the general household waste black bag.
We have now (March 24) suspended all new bookings for Bulky Household Waste collections until further notice. Any bookings already submitted prior to this date will be honoured.
Collections will continue as usual, but the situation is being constantly reviewed.
We are currently unable to take Direct Debit payments for this service, however payments by card can be taken over the phone, by calling 01267 234567.
We have now completed our annual delivery of blue bags to households across the county and every property will have received their allocation of three rolls for this year.
If you think you will require more you can pick up a roll from the following locations:
- Outside the Teapot Café in Llanelli indoor market
- Near the entrance to the market office in Carmarthen indoor market
- The Co-op in Ammanford.
Please be considerate to others and only take one roll per household.
You will not be able to buy a compost bin directly from us until further notice.
This situation may change at short notice due to staffing issues, please continue to check our Newsroom / social media for updates.