Rules reminder for hospitality industry
Carmarthenshire County Council continues to support the local hospitality industry to operate safely during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Proactive visits are being carried out at licenced premises and other businesses to ensure Coronavirus regulations are being followed to ensure a safe environment for customers and staff.
Welsh Government regulations and supporting guidance was amended on November 9 and the guidance is regularly updated.
Operators of hospitality businesses, including pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes, are advised to make sure they are aware of the regulations and have put measures in place. Where alcohol is sold, operators are also being reminded of the heavy financial penalties - fines of up to £1,000 - where Covid-19 measures are not applied.
As of November 9, hospitality venues must:
Collect contact details for customers and visitors:
- You need to collect names, contact telephone numbers, and a record of the date and arrival time and retain this information securely for 21 days.
- In the case of a group, it is compulsory to collect details on all members of each group, not just a lead member.
- Verify the name of every adult by asking to see a driver’s licence, bank or credit card.
- Verify the address of all persons in groups consisting of more than four adults
Ensure social distancing:
- For a group of up to four people from different households, every effort should be made to ensure the maximum social distance possible at the table.
- Licensed premises must operate controlled entry, with pre-booking wherever possible and keeping walk-ups to a minimum.
- Premises must display a notice at the entrance stating their maximum capacity
Comply with the restrictions on supplying alcohol:
- Licensed premises such as pubs, clubs and restaurants must not sell alcohol after 10pm and must close 20 minutes later. Failure to comply with this will result in a Fixed Penalty Notice being issued, which carries a fine of £1,000.
- Ensure staff allow a sufficient wind down period for your business to ensure that customers have left the premises by 10.20pm.
For further information or guidance, contact Carmarthenshire County Council’s licensing team by e-mail, email@example.com or call 01267 234567.